Welcoming people every year coming from Italy and many different Countries of the World and collaborating with them, is also an occasion for us in Reggio Emilia to give quality, by exchanging points of view and experiences, to the many aspects of our work.
Since the year of its foundation, Reggio Children has always offered professional development opportunities through visiting Reggio Emilia and encountering the educational approach of the Municipal Infant Toddler Centres and Preschools, an approach that has more than 50 years of history.
More than 200 study groups from more than 107 different Countries of the world (almost 4000 participants every year) have been organized.
Periodically, Reggio Children also organizes International Study groups that aim at providing a deeper knowledge of the Reggio Approach through a direct experience strongly connected with the Infant Toddler Centres and Preschools of Reggio Emilia.
Last year the International Study Group has seen the participation of 360 people coming from more than 25 different countries of the World.
We believe the diversified composition of the different Study Groups organized are a huge resource to facilitate the dialogue and the exchanges of experiences and the sharing between the participants coming from different countries and contexts.
It is for all of us here in Reggio Emilia an honour, but also great responsibility that we all feel there are so many countries all over the world that are inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach.
Reggio Children in the schoolyear 2011/2012 promotes an International Study Group that will take place in Reggio Emilia, Italy at the International Center Loris Malaguzzi on April 15-20, 2012.
The Reggio Emilia Approach to Education:
- Identity and aims of the Infant Toddler Centres and Preschools
- The principles of the educational project
- Essential elements for the operation of the Infant Toddler Centres and Preschools
The weekly International Study group program will be also developed through:
- Visit to the town of Reggio Emilia: approaching to social, cultural, political context
- Encountering the town-community
- Presentations by pedagogistas, atelieristas and teachers on the principles of the educational project of the Preschools and Infant-toddler Centres Istituzione of the Municipality of Reggio Emilia
- Presentation and analysis of research projects realized inside the Preschools and Infant-toddler Centres
- Visits to Preschools, Infant Toddler Centres, to the Loris Malaguzzi International Centre and to the Documentation and Educational Research Centre
- Discussions groups
- Sharing experiences among the participants
Individual participation fee: Euro 1230 (21% VAT/taxes included)
The Loris Malaguzzi International Center will be the venue for the study week.
Accomodation and travel expenses are not included in the fee.
The deadline for registrations is March 15, 2012 (download registration form)
Registrations will be confirmed by Reggio Children. The confirmation letter will include payment details. Spaces are limited and registrations will be processed according to date of arrival.